was successfully added to your cart.

Smoking barbecue causes Carbon Monoxide poisoning at Gordon Ramsay Restaurant

Two people, believed to be staff members, at the chef’s London House brasserie had to be assessed for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning and adjoining flats were evacuated after a carbon monoxide alarm was activated.

Two fire engines and an ambulance were called to the scene, in Battersea, South-West London. Dr Deborah Turbitt from Public Health England warned of the dangers posed by burning charcoal.
‘It is extremely dangerous to have a lit or smoldering barbecue indoors or in an enclosed space. This is because barbecues emit carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas that you can’t taste, smell or see.’

This potentially life threatening incident could have been prevented by using one of our Carbon Monoxide Detectors, which will provide an audible and visual alarm if the levels rise to a dangerous level. Our Carbon Monoxide detectors will also close the gas solenoid valve preventing further use of gas in the building until the levels reach a safe level, therefore avoiding any additional safety hazards. When using our CT1750 with a Carbon Monoxide or CO2 detector, this has the facility  to automatically increase the speed of the fans if dangerous levels are detected, even if the panel is switched to the off position. For a full range of our gas safety systems please contact S&S Northern direct or visit our website http://snsnorthern.com/

CT1750

CT1750

Full details of the news coverage can be found on the following link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4699978/Gordon-Ramsay-restaurant-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-scare.html