The Merlin 3000S is an energy saving system designed specifically for commercial kitchens. The system acts an interlock between the ventilation and the gas solenoid valve, while also varying the speed of the ventilation via a 0-10vdc output.
The Merlin 3000S system has 2 built-in 0-10VDC outputs. This is designed to vary the speed of the ventilation system(s) based on either, real-time gas usage via a turbine gas meter, Carbon Dioxide (CO2) levels in the area, smoke/steam detection in the canopy using optical sensors or heat detection in the extract ductwork using a thermostat. For the best and most accurate results, all should be used together but any combination of the 4 sensors can be used.
As the CO2 or gas usage increases in the commercial kitchen, the Merlin 3000S will increase the speed of the ventilation system to provide the perfect cooking environment. Conversely, when only minimal gas is being used and the CO2 levels are low, the Merlin 3000S will reduce the speed of the ventilation systems, saving energy and money.
The optical sensor will increase the ventilation should it detect excess smoke or steam in the canopy along with the duct mounted heat sensor to monitor excess heat in the duct.
The Merlin 3000S also carries out its duty as a traditional ventilation interlock and gas pressure proving system alongside the ventilation on demand capabilities. This allows for one single small control panel in the kitchen, freeing up valuable real estate on the kitchen walls.
• Full compliance with BS6173, IGEM/UP19, DW172 & CIBSE TM50
• Interlock with ventilation using with either Fan Current Sensors or Air PD Switches
• Optional Gas Proving function
• Controls ventilation automatically based on real-time gas consumption and CO2 levels in the kitchen
• Uses optical and duct heat sensors to maintain optimum ventilation rate as per DW172
• Reduces ventilation rates when gas usage and CO2 is low to reduce energy consumption
• Minimises heat loss via extraction by reducing the fan speeds when gas usage and CO2 are minimal
• Pulsed output gas meter can be linked with other building systems to monitor the kitchen
• Reduces ventilation noise levels at times of low kitchen activity
• Clear full colour TFT display for user info and easy calibration
• Takes responsibility for sufficient ventilation control away from kitchen staff
• Maintains the air balance between supply and extract ventilation creating a negative pressure in the kitchen to control cooking odours
• Will accept Methane, LPG and CO detectors
• Can be linked to remote knock-off buttons, fire alarm and BMS
• Covered by the S&S Northern 3 year warranty
• Width – 254mm
• Depth – 62mm